Food-Grade Biodegradable* Liners & Films
With the rising global demand for eco-friendly plastics, Plascon is proud to offer biodegradable* plastic bags and film that provides the same strength as traditional bags, contains no toxic by-products, and does not require special handling. We manufacture biodegradable* film into gusseted box liners, flat poly bags, and tubing. Our liners are made from LLDPE, HDPE, and blended PE depending on your needed application.
Our innovative and environmentally-safe material provides a number of advantages including:
- The same strength and tensile properties as traditional plastics.
- No toxic by-products.
- Does not use heat, light or mechanical stress to break down.
- Does not require special handling (unlike PLA and oxo-degradable products).
- Does not contain heavy metals (unlike most oxo-degradable products).
- Specific formulations that meet FDA requirements.
CUSTOM SIZING & BLENDS
The width of biodegradable* film ranges from 6” wide to 50” wide, with the film thickness between 0.8 mil to 4.5 mil. As a manufacturer, we can offer clear and colored film options, and also include a one-color company logo to your liners to promote your company’s eco-friendly efforts.
WHAT MAKES PLASCON’S PLASTIC BAGS & LINERS BIODEGRADABLE*?
To make our biodegradable* plastic bags and films we utilize an additive which, when combined in small quantities with any of the popular plastic resins, renders the end products biodegradable* while maintaining their other desired characteristics. The resulting plastic products exhibit the same desired mechanical properties, have effectively similar shelf-lives, and yet, when disposed of, are able to be metabolized into biomass by the communities of microorganisms commonly found almost everywhere on this planet.
* 49.28% biodegradation in 900 days under non-typical conditions. No evidence of further biodegradation.
Our biodegradable* plastic films and bags are designed to biodegrade* in a variety of situations including:
- Home Composting
- Commercial Composting
- Buried in, or in contact with the soil
- Erosion / Agricultural netting & film
However, our bags will not degrade when kept in a warehouse, on store shelves or in your home or office.