Plascon Food Solutions Introduces Cook Chill Handle Bags and Bags on a Roll
Plascon Food Solutions announces the introduction of Cook Chill Handle Bags and Cook Chill Bags on a Roll. Both products are additions to the company's line of flexible food packaging products used by the foodservice and food processing industries.
Cook Chill bags are constructed from multi-layer films designed to protect foods from oxygen and moisture while preserving taste, texture and aroma. Foods made with the Cook Chill process can be stored refrigerated for up to 45 days, then reheated just before serving. The foods can be frozen for up to a year.
The strong, ergonomic handle on Plascon's Cook Chill Handle Bags allows the end user to safely handle and transport filled bags even when the contents are hot. The handle can also be used to safely remove bags from hot water during the retherming process. Cook Chill Handle Bags incorporate an angled bottom seal which maximizes yield of the product when the bag is emptied by eliminating corners where food can be trapped. After filling, Plascon Cook Chill Handle Bags can be clipped or sealed depending on the end user's preference.
Cook Chill Bags on a Roll were developed to make the storage and dispensing of Cook Chill bags more convenient and to keep corrugated packaging out of commercial kitchens. Health departments in many areas prohibit corrugated in the kitchen due to contamination concerns. Cook Chill Bags on a Roll are wound on a plastic core and are as easy to dispense as paper towels. They can be used in conjunction with Plascon's Stainless Steel Bag Dispenser that can be used on a counter or mounted horizontally or vertically on a wall to keep bags close to workstations while protecting them from spills and splashes. Bags on a Roll are available in 10" and 12" widths and are packaged 100 bags to a roll and 4 rolls to a case. Each roll is individually wrapped.
"These new bag configurations give our customers options that allow them to choose the bag that best fits their application," said David Peterson, CEO of Plascon Group. "We continue to use Cryovac films, the highest quality film that was developed specifically for the Cook Chill Process, which has outstanding seal integrity and durability to withstand the rigors of processing, handling and transportation."
Plascon Food Solutions offers a variety of flexible packaging and equipment for the foodservice and food processing industries including equipment, packaging and accessories for the cook chill process, manual and automated box lining systems, food grade biodegradable bags for food packaging, biodegradable trash can liners and more. Plascon Food Solutions is a division of Plascon Group located in Traverse City, Michigan.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- Plascon Food Solutions Introduces Cook Chill Handle Bags and Bags on a Roll
- Plascon Featured in Traverse the Magazine Careers Issue
- Plascon Group Named 2012 Hagerty Small Business of the Year
- Plascon Group named Top 10 Small Business
- Plascon Bioprocessing Bags Featured in BioProcess International
- Plascon Group Included in 2011 INC 5000 List
- Plascon Group named "Best of Michigan Business" by Corp! Magazine
- Plascon Group named to 2011 Michigan 50 Companies to Watch list
- Plascon Packaging Enters Strategic Alliance with DC Norris
- Plascon Packaging Now Offering EasyOpen Bag Placement Unit
- Bag-in-Box Application Featured in Packaging Digest
- Plascon Packaging Cook-Chill Bags featured in Food Manufacturing