Plascon Group manufactures and supplies packaging and equipment for the food, bulk packaging, pharmaceutical and waste management industries. We are currently accepting applications for a Logistics Manager at our manufacturing facility in Traverse City, Michigan.
The Logistics Manager will analyze customer shipping requirements and patterns and implement processes to maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of shipments while ensuring compliance with both government regulations and customer procedures.
- Coordinates logistics for all companies within Plascon Group both domestically and internationally with the goal of minimizing costs and customer lead times. Currently, Plascon’s logistics spend is approximately $750,000/year.
- Insures proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Plans and schedules appropriate modes of transportation based on daily needs. Schedules the appropriate service line for the situation (across all modes and all trade lanes) to maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of shipment.
- Analyzes shipping patterns and develops regional warehousing plan if deemed appropriate.
- Determines and communicates product packaging specifications to sales and customer service teams.
- Implements barcode and/or product tracking technologies as required by customers or to increase efficiencies.
- Coordinates purchasing of raw materials and supplies.
- Works closely with sales representatives to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/ issues and implements performance processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Ensures any company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all direct reports as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of logistics, distribution or relevant logistics experience including international logistics.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft applications to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MAS90 Accounting System or CRM systems a plus.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task, working as team leader as well as team member.
- Ability to accurately and succinctly explain complex Logistics and/or Supply Chain Concepts.
- Open positive communication style. Seek input from operations personnel and relay findings and outcome(s) to expanded team.
- Good listening skills. Positive attitude. Strong written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Safety focused, able to identify and stop unsafe acts. Act as a role model.
P.O. Box 6231
Traverse City, MI 49686
2375 Traversefield Dr.
Traverse City, MI 49684